Do You know enough about your currency ?
2. After Independence, Pakistan used Indian Rupee notes stamped with ‘Pakistan’ until it could print enough
3. One rupee notes are issued by the Ministry of Finance and bear the signature of the Secretary.
4. The rupee was the currency of several other countries like Aden, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the Trucial States, Kenya, Uganda, the Seychelles and Mauritius in the early 20th Century.
5. 500 and 1000 Rupees notes are banned in Nepal.
6. At one time, 5 rupee coins were smuggled to Bangladesh for making razors.
7. To type the symbol of the rupee, you need to press ‘Ctrl+Shift+$’.
8. Cost of minting a Rs.10 coin is Rs.6
9. Because of shortage, the RBI has been forced to mint coins in foreign countries in the past.
10. Apart from Hindi and English which appear on the front side of a note, 15 other languages appear on the reverse side.